Monday, September 5, 2011

"Labor" Day

Jesus’ words “this generation will not pass from the scene until all these things take place” in Matthew 24:34 have always felt very personal to me. The rebirth of the nation Israel is one of the end-time events that would take place before His return. And my generation is one to see this prophecy fulfilled. What’s more personal is that I was born on Israel’s Independence Day, May 14, 1948.

Less personal, but very relevant to the fact the end time may occur in “my generation” is the increase of labor pains (Matt. 24:6-8). Although these labor pains do characterize the entire Church age, Jesus said they would become more frequent, more intense as the end approaches—in other words, full head-on labor.

Given the remarkable labor pains on the earth today, is it so unbelievable that the stage is now being set, and the end of the age is near? Whether my generation is the one that sees all this come to pass or not, I can’t be sure. But I do know this: labor pains are on the rise. Labor Day is here, and the "due date" may be closer than we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment