Sunday, November 6, 2011

If only we could turn back time as easily as we can turn back the clock!

Everyone (in the U.S.) will turn back their clocks one hour today. And I am afraid that some (or many) will wish they could turn back yesterday, or last year. They wish they could go back and turn back a decision that set them back.

But such is backward thinking. Your past is not fatal; your mistakes are not final; and your failures are not the end. God’s deposit in you is non-refundable, and His call is irrevocable. He does not change His mind, and He does not second-guess His decision. Jesus said no one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom (Luke 9:62). And our Father in heaven refuses to bring back to His mind any of your past sins, declaring emphatically, "I will never think of them again.” (Is. 43:25)

God will never turn His back on you. So as you turn your clock back today, it's a good time to stop looking back, and start coming back to the new thing awaiting you. He who sits on the throne says, "Behold, I am making all things new." (Rev. 2:15)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Greg for today's posting. I know it is the Lord giving me a word of sustainment and encouragement. It comes right on time. After receiving an e-mail, from the one who used to be my pastor several years ago, full of sarcasm and condemnation, I truly needed the Lord to give me His strength and view of things, and not listen to accusing voices that tear your life apart.

    Thank you because the Lord is faithful to bring His counsel and comfort to His children in so many different ways, and today -I am sure as many other times-, you have an instrument of His comfort-.

    It says in Proverbs that those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am so pleased that this message found someone to encourage. It's a terrible temptation to look back. And an awesome challenge to walk in the newness of life every day.

    ReplyDelete