Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Come Up Higher

All of us are faced with two realms of reality. We deal with the visible, the tangible every day. We know that it is real. But there is another world, another realm of reality which vies for our attention. The spiritual, the heavenly, and the eternal!

One day when John was on the Island of Patmos, he had one of these “another world” experiences. Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me with the sound of a mighty trumpet blast. The voice said, "Come up here…
(Rev. 4:1).

The door which John saw was the opening between heaven and earth--symbolically, between the visible and invisible realms. Do you see that same open door? Don't you hear that same voice calling you to come up higher? Do you see the throne and He who sits on it?

You can be sure He is not wringing His hands over a world that seems to be spinning out of control. Note that He is not anxiously pacing around the room. He is sitting on the Throne. He is sovereign—He is in control. Stop looking at those things as they appear to be. Ask God to change your perspective around the vision of God on the throne. Set your mind on things above
(Col. 3:2).

1 comment:

  1. I needed this today as I began to get discouraged with what I see in front of me. Thank you again, Greg.

    ReplyDelete