Friday, November 16, 2012

He Can’t Stop Thinking about You

“O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar… How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. How vast is the sum of them. If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain” (Psalm 139: 2-3, 17-18).

I read a commentary on this verse that struck me. If you live to be 75 years old, you will live 2.3 billion seconds. And since there are trillions upon trillions of grains of sand, that means there will never be a moment in time when you are not on His mind! In other words, He can’t stop thinking about you.

And not only that, His thoughts are perpetually positive. The New Kings James version translates Jeremiah 29:11 this way: “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

No comments:

Post a Comment