Monday, January 2, 2012

Have a “New” Year!

With each passing year, I am more grateful for the “newness of life” in Christ (Rom. 6:4). Though natural men may call me a senior citizen, as a spiritual man, I am actually getting newer, “being renewed day by day” (2 Cor. 4:16).  The world says I am the sum total of everything I have ever done, including my failures (ugh!) But the Bible says "all things are new" (2 Cor. 5:17).  And it is the new that defines me, not the old.  My life is now being “summed up in Christ” (Eph. 1:10).

When God created the world He separated each day with the curtain of night. Yesterday is behind the curtain.  Regardless of yesterday's failure, today is a new start.  “His mercies are new every morning” (Lam. 3:23). That doesn’t mean I can’t learn from the past; it just means I am not going to live in the past and let it hold me back.  
Paul said, “One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead” (Phil. 3:13-14).  How can you make this a “new” year? Leave yesterday behind; after all, you can’t change it. All of God's today’s are brand new.  Don't waste another day in bondage to the past. When Christ was buried, so was your past!  Enjoy your freedom.  Walk in the newness of life!

5 comments:

  1. It is the unlimited newness of life in Christ Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a Spanish equivalent to the idiom "There's more where that came from"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it exactly means in English? Could you please explain it?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. It means there is an unlimited supply of something (from where it came, there is more of it to get!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Greg, I am still trying to think about a similar expression in Spanish. I let you know if I come up with it.

    ReplyDelete