Thursday, July 11, 2013

Two Little Spots on my Liver

After two months of chemo therapy for pancreatic cancer, a CT scan revealed that 2 spots on my liver had gotten bigger, or so it seemed. The fact is that these spots are so small that the increase could be explained by the way 2 different radiologists measure them.  Regardless, I am still receiving chemo infusions. And, I will have another CT scan next month.  If there is no further change in these two little spots, we will assume they are not cancer, but cysts.  Then, after 6 weeks of radiation therapy, we wait and see.

But more important than revelations on a CT scan are revelations of truth I have received during this present trial, many of which are returning to me  from posts I wrote in the past. For example, in August 2009, I wrote:  Toward the end of his earthly life, Jesus said “the ruler of this world is coming, and he finds nothing in me” (John 14:0). Peter explains that Jesus is “the lamb without spot” (1 Peter 1:19). There was not even one spot for the devil to get a foothold in Jesus’ heart.

I do not know if I have two little spots of cancer on my liver.  But what a great reminder to me that someday Jesus will return for a Bride that is without “spot” (Eph. 5:27).  And, in Christ, I am already spotless.

1 comment:

  1. Spot on right! Praying all is well and as always I am blessed by your post. Praying that it is nothing and trusting God to bring you through it. Much love and prayers, Ambica

    ReplyDelete