Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blinders

I recently read “If you can see where you are going, you are not walking by faith.” That definition fits me: I am presently waiting for the Lord to give me new direction. Having finished my cancer treatments, I am now officially in remission, though I will, however, be receiving quarterly CT scans and blood work that will alert me to cancer's return. That said, what is better than an unknown future to foster a life of faith?

Yesterday I told a friend that God has graced me with ‘blinders.’ The word just popped into my head. So I searched Google and asked ‘why do they put ‘blinders’ on a horse?’

I learned that the main reason for blinders is to help a horse stay focused on what is in front of him and oblivious to the rear. Blinders also encourage the horse to pay attention to the race rather than other distractions, such as other horses, or boisterous crowds that might spook him. Little did I know how appropriate it was when I told my friend that God had graced me with blinders.

No comments:

Post a Comment