Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Lord is Longing for You

The Lord has longings. Our longings are a reflection of His: we are created in His image.

People long for things they don’t have.

Question:

So, what does the Lord God of the Universe long for? What does He not have?
Answer:

Our hearts: our love; our loyalty; our obedience; our complete attention!

Listen to the words of the Lord through the prophet Isaiah (30:18):

Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you…How blessed are all those who long for Him.

And listen to the agonizing words of the Lord spoken through Hosea (11:1-4; 8), as He longs for Israel’s repentance and return.

"When Israel was a youth I loved him, ... The more I called him, the more he went from Me; He kept sacrificing to the Baals, and burning incense to idols. Yet it is I who taught [him] to walk, I took him in My arms; but he did not know that I healed him. I led him with cords of a man, with bonds of love... How can I give you up? ... How can I surrender you, O Israel? … My heart is turned over within Me, All My compassions are kindled."

Stop for a minute and reflect on how much the Lord loves you and longs for you. Until you freely give it to Him, He doesn't have your heart...He is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment