Thursday, December 22, 2011

If you look at Jesus long enough…

When we find ourselves in confusing circumstances, life seems like a hard puzzle where the pieces don’t fit together—and we convince ourselves the manufacturer must have made a mistake! When you are trying to make sense out of the puzzle called ‘your life,” wouldn’t it be great if you could just look at the picture on the box it came in? You can.

The “picture” we are to study is Christ; the “box” is the Bible. We must study Christ in the pages of the Bible in order to be “conformed to the image of Christ” (Rom. 8:29). In fact, if you don’t look long and hard at Jesus, you will never see how things fit together.
Paul promises that when you fix your eyes on Jesus (Heb 12:2), two things happen. First, God will cause all things [pieces] to work [fit] together for good” (Rom 8:28).  Second, Paul says the more we look at Jesus, the more we become like him and will be "changed into His glorious image” (2 Cor. 3:18). Do you want to solve the puzzle? Do you want to see what and who you are?  Do you want to see how it all fits together?  Keep studying the box.  Keep looking at the Picture. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Greg for today's encouragement. I think is the essential of our life, what sustains us and keeps us going. Amazingly enough, right before reading your blog I was singing a song on these same lines, a worship song in Spanish; it goes like this:
    "May your light shine on me, I want to be more, more like You, Lord
    Every moment I want to reflect the light of Your face, Lord Jesus,
    I want to resemble You more
    May they see You in me."
    And this only comes by looking intently and constantly to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg-thank you for posting this on my birthday! It fits so perfectly and I am blessed to be reminded to stay in the word and keep my eyes on Jesus. Remember that old hymn "turn your eyes upon Jesus"? "Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace" That's the song I'm singing..in my head so as not to alarm the goldfish...I like Patricia's song-I wish I could hear the melody. Have a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete