Tuesday, December 27, 2011

You can't shop at Safeway without the Mark of the Beast

Standing in a long line on Christmas Eve at my local Safeway store, I remembered that I had not yet received a PIN for my new debit card, and to make it worse, I didn’t have a credit card on me. In a panic, I quickly checked my wallet to see if I had enough cash. I did. Disaster averted.

But as I drove home, I thought about the verse in Revelation: “He causes all...to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark of the beast” (Rev.13:16-17). It adds new meaning to that 1990's American Express credit card commercial, "Dont leave home without it."

Are you aware that the technology already exists today to create an implantable device that will be used as an identifier and credit card? The implant would basically be a portable PC. For most people it could be planted under the skin “on their right hand” but for others, “on their foreheads.”  It's hard not see this modern technology, for those who can discern the times (Matt. 16:3), as yet one more sign that the scene is set for 'last days' events.

Taking the mark of the beast is an act that carries eternal consequences.  But don’t burn your credit card just yet.  By the time the mark of the beast is required, the church will (likely) have been raptured.

No comments:

Post a Comment