Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Bucket is Full

The term “bucket list” was popularized after the so-titled 2007 American movie about two terminally ill men on a road trip with a wish list of things to do before they “kicked the bucket.” (I think the term is an appropriate symbol for the emptiness of most people's lives!)    

On my personal profile page on this Dying to Live Blog, there is a place to ask a provocative question. Mine is: “If you knew this was your last day on earth, would you have to change your plans?”  Did I know how relevant that question would be!
 
As a person living on life's threshold (aren't we all!), do I have a bucket list?  Only this: to finish my race well and remain faithful. (2 Tim. 4:7).  Morose thoughts on this, my 65th birthday?  I don’t think so.  What better day to reflect on God’s protection in a year of unforeseen events and to contemplate His promises as I look toward an unpredictable future. What better time than this to declare, I am well content, and my ‘bucket’ is full.

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Stan,
    Provocative indeed! Happy birthday. In contemplating some life choices, God called to mind a life verse for me, similar to the one that you have mentioned, "But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, in order that I may finish my course, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus Christ, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God." I honor you for being that verse, doing that verse, and living that verse out in your life. You evidence that God is here. God is speaking. God is acting. Thank you for your faithfulness to Him and to us.
    Godspeed!
    Larry Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are all running the race set out for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Greg. Sure hope to see you and the rest of the family soon!
    God bless you brother,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete