Friday, October 4, 2013

Footsteps

In writing yesterday’s post, “Footprint,” I had a revelation that my footprint is God's to make, not mine. As a disciple, I am called to walk in Jesus' steps, or you could say, his shoes. On the other hand (or foot), as our forerunner, or fore-walker, Jesus did the proverbial walk a mile in our shoes.

The writer of Hebrews says, “He understands our weaknesses since He faced all of the same testings we do” (4:15). And it’s precisely because of that, we can go to Him “to receive His mercy, and find grace to help us when we need it most” (4:16).

Two days ago, I wrote this prayer in my journal: 
"Lord Jesus, lead me that I might be 'in step' with You. Give me grace to make the right steps, and mercy for my missteps." If it were not for a steady pace of grace and mercy, His shoes would be too big to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment