Thursday, January 23, 2014

“Career Christians”

I came across an interesting expression in one of Arthur Pink’s books—“Career Christian.” Imagine if someone were to ask you, “What is your occupation?” and you answered “I’m a full-time Christian.”

I don’t know about you, but what with setting my mind on things above, taking all thoughts captive, renewing my mind, putting off the old self and putting on the new, watching over my heart with all diligence, letting the peace of God rule my heart, walking in love, in unity, in light, and by faith, and don't forget walking worthy, speaking the truth in love, loving my brothers and sisters from the heart, loving my wife as Christ loves the Church, and making sure all I do, even eating and drinking, glorifies God, well… I’m fully occupied.

Is this what Jesus meant when he said “occupy until I return?”  Yes.  And, thankfully, He furnishes us with an infinite supply of grace to assure our progress and success until He does return (2 Cor. 9:8; 2 Peter 1:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment