Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Expect Expansion

When I reached a certain age, my waistline started expanding. And even though I lost 25 pounds last year, there didn’t seem to be a corresponding decrease in my waistline!  I’m told that’s natural for men of my age!

Analogously, it is also natural for our spiritual ‘lines’ to expand. Jesus compared us to new wineskins that could stretch with maturation. A. W. Tozer said, “The widest thing in the universe is not space, but the potential capacity of the human spirit—unlimited expansion.” 

Some of you must be thinking you have too many hindrances to hope for such boundless progress. But as we begin this New Year, let's not look back at what-might-have-seemed an unlucky '13. Instead, let us “forget what lies behind and reach forward (expanding) to what lies ahead, throwing off everything that hinders us so we can run with endurance the race marked out for us” (Phil. 3:14; Heb. 12:1, edited). In '14, expect expansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment